Mining engineering is the extraction of valuable ores from the ground for processing and utilisation. It involves all phases of mining operations: from exploration and discovery, through feasibility, development, production, processing and marketing, to final land restoration and rehabilitation. Responsibility for the development and production phases of a mine requires a broad knowledge of all mining operations and skills in leadership and industrial relations.
· Mine Development, Geomechanics and Ground Control
· Mining Methods and Machinery
· Ventilation, Underground Hazards and Surface Environment
· Air, water and soil pollution.
· Surveying, Mine Planning and Systems Engineering
· Principles of planning
AN OVERVIEW OF TECHNOLOGY AND MINING
HEALTH AND SAFETY RISKS AND BENEFITS
There are no prior learning requirements for this course. There are also no exams, assignment based.
CTA Higher Certificate (Course Code: MIN01H)
CTA Diploma (Course Code: MIN01D)