1. ACCOUNTING AND BOOKKEEPING
This course deals with the basics of accounting in practise and you will get a firm grip on financial and accounting terms, techniques and practices. Understanding the basics of accounting can make the difference between success and failure in so many different areas of life. You do not need accounting background in order to enrol for this course. The course explains and illustrates the basics! Financial reports, balance sheets, reconciling bank statements and the ability to create, interpret and implement them. These are all tools we can't afford to ignore!
Course content includes but is not limited to:
- Interpreting financial statements, balance sheets, and managerial accounting reports
- Calculating inventory costs and the costs of goods sold.
- Understand stocks and bonds.
- Determining company profitability; using ratio analysis techniques, detailing cash flow.
- Backing up business plans and proposed budgets with solid financial facts and analyses
- Calculate returns on sales, gross margin percentages, and returns on total assets using ratio analyses
- Prepare a statement of cash flows on both the indirect and the direct bases
There are no prior learning requirements for this course. There are also no exams, assignment based.
Available levels for enrolment:
CTA Higher Certificate (Course Code: ACC01H)
CTA Diploma (Course Code: ACC01D)