This course will cover fundamentals of tourism, with the following key concepts: The development of tourism; Tourism supply and demand; Sectors involved: transport, accommodation, government; and more. Additional resources are available – including a complete set of new case studies.
The course covers:
- Introduction Tourism Today why is it a global phenomenon embracing all our lives?
- Tourism Its origins, growth and future
- Demand for tourism
- The Supply of Tourism
- Transporting the tourist I: Surface transport
- Transporting the tourist II: The aviation sector
- Accommodation and Hospitality Services
- Tour operating and travel retailing
- Visitor attractions
- The management of tourism
- The public sector in tourism
- Managing the visitor and tourist sites
- The future of tourism: Post tourism?
There are no prior learning requirements for this course. There are also no exams, assignment based.
CTA Higher Certificate (Course Code: TRM01H)
CTA Diploma (Course Code: TRM01D)