This is the THIRD module for the National Certificate, Public Sector Accounting, SAQA ID 20352. Potential students should have completed Grade 11 or equivalent before enrolling for this programme. This programme will provide the skills required to administer public accounts and help improve public sector financial management by adding value, efficiency and productivity to government departments.
You will learn about:
- Installation and registration of Pastel Partner V12
- Pastel language and navigation
- Creating and setting up a company in Pastel Partner V12
- Create and maintain general ledger accounts
- Create and maintain supplier accounts
- Create and maintain customer accounts
- Create and maintain inventory items
- Take on balances and journals
- Supplier processing
- Customer processing
- Cash book, petty cash and journal processing
- Month end procedures and year end procedures
There are no prior accounting knowledge needed. You must be at least 16 years of age. Grade 11, NQF 3 or equivalent required. There is an exam through ICB required for this course.
Agent Certificate (Course Code: PSA003)