This is the FIRST module for the National Certificate, Public Sector Accounting, SAQA ID 20352. Potential students should have completed Grade 11 or equivalent before enrolling for this programme. This programme will provide the skills required to administer public accounts and help improve public sector financial management by adding value, efficiency and productivity to government departments.
You will learn about:
- An introduction to business, bookkeeping and accounting
- Value Added Tax and source documents
- Recording cash transactions
- Recording credit and sundry transactions
- Inventory systems
- Individual accounts for debtors and creditors
- The bank reconciliation process
- Supplier/creditor and general ledger reconciliations
There are no prior accounting knowledge needed. You must be at least 16 years of age. Grade 11, NQF 3 or equivalent required. There is an exam through ICB required for this course.
Agent Certificate (Course Code: PSA001)