In this course you will get a good understanding of the theories and practices of occupational health and safety, emergency planning and environmental management. You will have the foundations to create, plan, implement, audit and evaluate programs in the areas of health and safety. This program will interest individuals already working in safety-related positions who require broader legal and technical knowledge to function effectively in their occupation, or who would like to enhance their career in safety, or are planning to move into safety-related positions.
Course content includes but is not limited to:
- Develop, implement and evaluate organizational health and safety policies and practices
- Apply theories and laws of health and safety to ensure legal compliance
- Conduct critical incident reviews, accident investigations, incident command and root cause analysis in a variety of workplaces;
- Apply the principles of industrial hygiene to recognize, evaluate and control biological, physical and chemical hazards in the workplace;
- Create, propose and evaluate programs which provide an organization with due diligence in emergency response planning, and/or risk management;
- Develop, evaluate and advocate for change in safety-related programs
- Facilitate and support an effective health and safety program in both non-union and union environments;
- Research existing industry standards, produce reports and provide recommendations for changes for continuing improvement of the health, safety, disability, ergonomic, emergency and environmental management systems.
There are no prior learning requirements for this course. There are also no exams, assignment based.
CTA Higher Certificate (Course Code: HSM01H)
CTA Diploma (Course Code: HSM01D)